According to The Council on Size and Weight Discrimination, 95% of diets fail and most regain their lost weight in 1-5 years.
The goal of this website is to help you lose weight easily and to make sure you keep the weight off in the long-term. That’s why, while it’s completely fine to use our rapid weight loss program to drop 3-4 pounds of fat in a week, it is not a long-term solution. We recommend ultimately switching to the easy diet plan for a long-term healthy diet and lifestyle once you’ve lost the initial few pounds of fat.
It is a statistically proven fact that traditional dieting does not work. Here are some of the main reasons why 95% of diets fail.
- Diets are temporary – Diets don’t help you make a permanent change. People follow them for a while and once they reach a goal, they go back to their previous patterns and eventually gain the weight back.
- Diets are stressful – Diets deprive you by telling you to stop eating certain foods or macronutrients (Carbohydrates or Fat). This is unhealthy and causes people to break down and binge eat, stress eat, or just give up.
- Diets are expensive – Diets are a scam invented by the health food industry to make money, and it works! As we mention on the home page, people spend $50 billion every year on dieting-related products. We designed this website to give you the information you need (for free) to be able to eat more, eat better, and save money while you do it!
- Diets are unscientific – Most diets starve you and ignore the importance of macronutrients. An example of this is doing a juice fast – you will lose weight because you’re consuming fewer calories, but you will also gain it all back as soon as you go off the diet and start eating normal, whole foods. These diets can cause severe damage to your body and should be avoided.
- Diets are impersonal – Diets are not designed with you and your specific circumstances in mind. A permanent lifestyle change is personalized to fit your individual needs and is much more likely to succeed in the long term.
You don’t need to lose weight fast. Just look at how amazing a difference just 1 pound of fat a week can make!
Dangers of Fad Diets
Fad diets aren’t just bad, many of them are outright dangerous. Consider these side-effects of fad dieting as a warning:
- The average person gains 11 pounds of fat on a diet
- Most of the weight loss on fad diets comes from muscle, not from fat
- Dieters who do lose weight (from muscle) eventually gain it back from fat
Even if you weigh the same before and after going on a typical fad diet, you will have a higher body fat percentage, making you look skinny fat, instead of lean (picture at the bottom of the link). Furthermore, since muscle burns 7 times more calories than fat, your metabolism will be slower, making you gain weight even if you eat the same amount of calories!
Diets That Work
Diets that work don’t always have a fancy name but they follow certain general principles to make you lose weight from fat in the short-term. We’ve compiled a few of them on this site for you to browse:
- The low-carb diet plan – learn how going on a short-term low-carb diet can help accelerate fat loss, including which foods to eat, and which foods to avoid for maximum effect.
- The high-protein diet plan – learn how eating a higher proportion of your calories from protein can help you lose weight fast while preserving lean muscle, including the best high protein foods for weight loss.
- The rapid weight loss diet plan – learn how you can combine a high-protein diet with a low-carb diet to achieve up to 3-4 pounds of pure fat in 7-10 days.